Tuesday 4 December 2018

Mathos, Guardian of the Caravan

“Those born with the Moon in the House of Aqshy will possess the loyalty of a hound and bronze will be their bribe for the gatekeeper once their time has come” 




(pictures courtesy of Maxime Pastourel)

And here we finally are with the first model of my warband for the Advent Calendar 2018!
This project was kickstarted by Morbäck of Le Blog des Kouzes, who kindly invited me to take part to this year calendar alongside his friends: Arg, Daouide and Cagn.
It has been a blast and over the course of the next few weeks you will get to see the result of our work, 5 war bands from the Age of Sigmar, each one with a different thematic and personal take on the background.

My contribution for this year has been based on the concept of a caravan of gypsy-like nomads, travelling the Mortal Realms since the immemorial hunted by an ancient evil.





Mathos is the first member of my warband, a fierce warrior sworn to protect the Caravan of the Hundred Moons and its people.
The aim with this warband was to explore a different aesthetic to the one previously seen for the inhabitants of the Mortal Realms, something with a distant and eldritch middle eastern flavour, like it was out of one of the Arabian Nights tales but could also fit well alongside what we know so far of the people of the Age of Sigmar.





I can't wait to be able to show you more in the future!

Hagen

6 comments:

  1. I was sure it was yours on LesKouzes blogspot ! This model it's really awsome and reflect very well the mortal realms as they are in my mind.
    I love the cards, what a job ! As always the sculpture is perfect... Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gregoire, you and I seem to share a very similar view on AoS aesthetic as I also really like your works!

      Delete
  2. I thought that it was the stuff of somebody from GW, very nice mood. Inspiring like your converted guys of Khorne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always with you : very nice conversion and another good painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw this model I said "ah, this must be from Hagen", the conversion and paintjob are very characteristic. You can´t fool us XD

    ReplyDelete